Our focus is developing your students
The Pursuit Program provides a platform for students to acquire additional knowledge, skills, and attitudes necessary to be successful individuals and life-long learners. We focus on the following topics: Success, Planning, Positioning, Persistence, Goal-setting, Drive, Dedication, and offer a forum for students to address any issues they are having in school or at home openly. The Pursuit Program instills key attributes that are necessary to excel.
Expectations and Guidelines
1. Must have a willingness to learn
2. Must obey all school rules, attend classes regularly and make a strong effort in all classes
3. Must actively participate in class activities and discussions
4. Must be respectful to peers and instructor
5. Must help to provide a positive and cooperative environment so that everyone can learn
6. Must come to class prepared and ask questions when help is needed
7. Must be accepting of individual differences between people and not be a bystander when bullying occurs
8. Must maintain the highest standards of academic integrity
9. Must accept responsibility for all actions
10. Must strive for excellence
The Pursuit Program Objectives
1. Exercise critical thinking and problem-solving skills to help address issues in school and in the student’s personal life.
2. Develop short-term and long-term goals that detail a plan for how to achieve these goals.
3. Enable students to apply the concepts learned in this course to real world situations and plan for their future